The Kerrang! Challenge
Name: Foo Fighters
Specialist subject: Unexplained Phenomenon
1. Which boxer came out of retirement and defeated Marvin Hagler for his title?
Chris: Sugar Ray Leonard.
2. Who invented the World War 2 fighter plane the spitfire?
Chris: Fred Spitfire?
Dave: Bob spitfire?
3. In ancient Japan, what were the assassins of the Samurai known as?
Dave: Black ninjas.
4.What is the name of the base in the Nevada dessert where UFO's are supposedly kept?
Dave: Area 51.
5. Where was the Sex Pistols final concert?
Chris: San Francisco.
6. Who were employed in the US to work on skyscrapers as steel erectors as they had no fear of heights?
Dave: Circus people?
Chris: Tight rope walkers?
Taylor: Midgets from Paraguay?
7. For what country did heavyweight boxing champion Lennox Lewis box to get his olympic gold medal?
Chris: I'm gonna guess Canada.
8. Shot dead at the end of the first season of the X-files, what was Fox Mulders contact in the government better known as?
Nate: Dave you should know this.
Dave: I know but it was like 8 years ago. Was it the old mama?
9. From which country does the word 'vanilla' come from?
10.In which city was the first Hard Rock Cafè built?
Chris: I'll guess London.
11. In what year did the so-called (alien landing) Roswell incident happen?
Dave: I'm not too sure, but I reckon it was 1947.
12. Can you name the father of pop queen, Madonna's current unborn child?
Chris: Hang on, I think I know this. Didn't he produce the film 'Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels'?
Dave: Is it Rupert Everett? no wait, something Ritchie, Guy Ritchie.
13. What is Red Hot Chili Peppers bassist Flea's real name?
Dave: Fuck, Frank maybe?
14. What's the name of Fox Mulder's sister in the X-files?
Dave: I should know this, but I can't remember. Shit!
15. In what part of the body would you find the hammer, anvil and stirrup?
Nate: In your ear.
FINAL SCORE: 10 out of 15
Not a bad effort from Dave Grohl's merry men, despite the Flea that got away.
Answers: 1.Sugar Ray Leonard 2.Reginald Mitchell 3.Ninja 4.Area 51 5.Winterland Balroom in San Francisco 6.Native American Indians 7.Canada 8.Deep Throat 9.Spain 10.London 11.1947 12.Guy Ritchie 13.Michael Balzary 14.Samantha 15.The ear